I am thrilled to see that Stanford University is the first US higher education institution to enter the new era with their new modern app for Windows 8.
I often cite Stanford’s unique and innovative practices as game-changing in our higher education market. So, it comes as no surprise that Stanford would continue to be the pacesetter in the new era of modern computing.
Stanford University app for Windows in the Windows Store Preview http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/app/d88dbba4-a7aa-4a50-bcdb-007afb90405a
Learn more about Stanford University by Stanford University and download it from the Windows Store
Schools and universities can get tools and resources to start building modern apps from the Windows Dev Center. There are also templates and guidance for building your first modern app.
You may be thinking, “who can build modern apps for our institution?”
If you have a school or campus web developer, you have a modern apps developer for Windows 8. Learn more at the Dev Center or go to camp.
I look forward to celebrating your Windows 8 modern apps in our Store. Leave a comment below when your modern education app(s) are in the Store.
- Crystallizing SharePoint for Developers
- Windows 8.1 and Mindstorms EV3 for STEM Education
- Visually-Impaired Student Solves Accessibility Challenge, Becomes an Entrepreneur
- Professional Academic Communities in Yammer
- Surface 2 Improvements Are Better For Learning
- Windows 8 Release Preview in Pictures
- How to Avoid Expensive Network Upgrades in Education