This week Microsoft debuted the new Windows Store coming in the next operating system released codenamed: Windows 8. The new Windows Store provides an remarkable opportunity for student and professional developers to build next-generation apps for Windows.
Few opportunities provide the global reach that the Windows operating system does. Industry research firm, Gartner has forecasted that over 400 million new PCs will ship in 2012 alone. Computer science students have an unparalleled opportunity to build apps for people around the world.
Microsoft wants to showcase your best apps and they are starting a contest for developers to get started at BuildWindowsContest.com. Watch the video for below for details.
Never wrote code before? Don’t know apps from apples?
Start here at the Metro Style app development Dev Center.
- Crystallizing SharePoint for Developers
- Visually-Impaired Student Solves Accessibility Challenge, Becomes an Entrepreneur
- Windows 8.1 and Mindstorms EV3 for STEM Education
- Professional Academic Communities in Yammer
- Surface 2 Improvements Are Better For Learning
- Windows 8 Release Preview in Pictures
- How to Avoid Expensive Network Upgrades in Education