This week Microsoft debuted the new Windows Store coming in the next operating system released codenamed: Windows 8. The new Windows Store provides an remarkable opportunity for student and professional developers to build next-generation apps for Windows.
Few opportunities provide the global reach that the Windows operating system does. Industry research firm, Gartner has forecasted that over 400 million new PCs will ship in 2012 alone. Computer science students have an unparalleled opportunity to build apps for people around the world.
Microsoft wants to showcase your best apps and they are starting a contest for developers to get started at BuildWindowsContest.com. Watch the video for below for details.
Never wrote code before? Don’t know apps from apples?
Start here at the Metro Style app development Dev Center.
- The Next Big Thing in Learning!
- Skype Joins Microsoft!
- Microsoft OneNote Debuts on iPad
- Visually-Impaired Student Solves Accessibility Challenge, Becomes an Entrepreneur
- We The People Want More Broadband Investments for Our Nation's Classrooms
- Professional Academic Communities in Yammer
- Windows 8 Release Preview in Pictures