No longer just TV fantasy…Now you can finally have your own Microsoft logo’d device…and it’s a beauty.
Microsoft Surface debuted in Los Angeles, California today at a super secret press conference. And I do mean super secret. It was fun reading the predictions of what some thought it might or might not be. With that in mind, there is going to be a lot written and speculated about Surface over the next week as the media and enthusiasts dig for details. So I will let you ferret out that information from your favorite sources. In the meantime, I will share what is known.
Manufacturing is still pending so some specifications are subject to slight change. Microsoft Surface is thinner than other popular tablets at just 9.3mm. The new Touch Cover is 3mm thin and uses a unique pressure sensitive technology to double as a keyboard and trackpad while providing protection for the new ClearType HD display. It only runs the reimagined Windows 8.
Microsoft Surface is a new family of devices for Windows. So expect a lot more news as we get closer to the Windows 8 general availability.
In the meantime, enjoy the video and photos for the new Microsoft Surface.
Video: Microsoft Surface unveiling
- The Next Big Thing in Learning!
- Microsoft OneNote Debuts on iPad
- Skype Joins Microsoft!
- Visually-Impaired Student Solves Accessibility Challenge, Becomes an Entrepreneur
- Professional Academic Communities in Yammer
- Bing Maps for Redistricting and Campus Orientation
- We The People Want More Broadband Investments for Our Nation's Classrooms